SB946, the Safe Sidewalk Vending Act, has another important committee hearing this Wednesday at 1:30pm. The bill will be heard in the Assembly’s Local Government Committee, and we could use your support! Please consider making phone calls to the Assemblymembers on the Committee. A script, names, and phone numbers of the Committee members are below.
TIME SENSITIVE: CALLS TO ASSEMBLY LOCAL GOVERNMENT COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Assemblymember Cecilia Aguiar-Curry (D-Winters), Chair: (916) 319-2004
- Assemblymember Richard Bloom (D-Santa Monica): (916) 319-2050
- Assemblymember Anna Caballero (D-Salinas): (916) 319-2030
- Assemblymember Jesse Gabriel (D-Van Nuys): (916) 319-2045
- Assemblymember Timothy Grayson (D-Concord): (916) 319-2014
- Assemblymember Luz M. Rivas (D-Arleta): (916) 319-2039
- Assemblymember Tom Lackey (R-Palmdale): (916) 319-2036
- Assemblymember Randy Voepel (R-Santee): (916) 319-2071
- Assemblymember Marie Waldron (R-Escondido), Vice-Chair: (916) 319-2075
- Hello, my name is [X]. I’m calling you to ask Assemblymember [X] to support SB 946, a bill that would decriminalize sidewalk vending statewide and empower local governments to set parameters for safe, regulated vending.
- This bill supports sidewalk vendors, many of whom are low-income immigrants (and primarily women) who use vending as a way to provide for their families. Ending criminal penalties and creating a pathway to economic opportunity will support tens of thousands of immigrants, workers, and their families across California.
- Street vending offers various benefits to local jurisdictions, including providing fresh fruits and vegetables, activating corridors, and providing more “eyes on the street”.
- [I/our organization], along with a statewide coalition of partners, supports SB 946 because it allows hard working entrepreneurs to vend safely, benefitting both vendors and the public.
- We are counting on Assemblymember [X] to do the right thing for California’s sidewalk vendors. We urge an aye vote when SB 946 goes to the Local Government Committee. Thank you!
Thanks again for all your support of SB 946!